Hi :)
If OOo works then sticking with it makes a lot of sense.  We are not really competing with them
except in a reasonably friendly way.  There was a time when Oracle tried competing with us but that
was just before they gave up and handed it off to a community organisation.  Now it's "co-operative
competition".  Some people still work in both projects.
Regards from
Tom :)