Am 17.04.2012 16:03, Pertti Rönnberg wrote:

To the LibO-folks and developers I repeat:

Stop developing LibO-Base;go back to the latest stable version and start
to complete it and repair all discrepancies in the program and between
the program and it’s documentation!

There is so much good done in LibO-Base so why not get the rest OK? So
it at least should meet the promises in advertising.! Without problems!

As far as I can see, the Base component of LibO 3.5 is identical to the one in OOo 3.3.
And:
What (in @!?*@!??) can be the clever idea with having in LibO-base a
embedded HSQL v.1.8 that is not supported any more when the latest
version is 2.2.x? What about e.g. SQLite?

Within a few minutes you can export your embedded HSQL 1.8 to an external HSQL 2.8. This is really a piece of cake. SQLite would not solve a single problem with Base, even if somebody would manage to "integrate" this thing. It would be rather different from all the other supported databases. HSQL is a "vanilla database". There is nothing special with its features and data types. Being a very well done Java application it is platform independent byte by byte.