On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 09:13 +0100, Tony Sumner wrote:
On Apr 05, 2012, Mark wrote:

One method is to find a decent back end such as MySQL and move
      your table across, while temporarily maintaining your front end in
      Access. MySQL has a migration assistant which may help here.

I have developed a scheme for migrating an Access database to MySQL.
Briefly
  1. mdb-export generates a CSV file
  2. run a program to convert this into a shell script consisting of
        a set of 'insert into' statements
  3. run this in MySQL
There are some small details on the way. I can post the script and program
if you think it would be helpful

Tony

     MySQL uses the command LOAD DATA to insert data from a text file.
It must be tab deliminated and have \n for each null value. Can this be
done with what you are describing?

--Dan