Tom Davies wrote:
Hi:)
+1
I agree.  It's not really any of our business so i waited until after Dan gave some technical help.
 I left it up to the op to consider about how he wants to handle a potential problem.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9148373/The-Hobbit-pub-could-be-saved-after-Gandalf-stepped-in-to-help.html
As the article points out there was no problem with The Hobbit pub until after Hollywood got involved. A pub and live music venue just outside a university is likely to have had quite a few customers over the years! Regards from
Tom:)

I seem to recall reading a while ago that pre-existing use is exempt. If they were using that name and theme based on the books and prior to the movies being made, then they have the right to continue. Otherwise, someone could copyright something and then demand all prior users stop.