Hi Frank,

Frank Bonar schrieb:

I have downloaded LibO_3.5.0_Win_x86_install_multi(2).msi, but
installation fails.

After I give User Account Control permission to install, the Install
Wizard opens, showing a progress bar, and saying installation may
take several minutes.   The progress bar remains blank, and a dialog
box opens, saying "Please exit LibreOffice 3.5 and the LibreOffice
Quickstarter before you continue...."

As LibreOffice is not yet installed, I am at a loss to know how to
proceed.   If I simply wait, nothing happens;  if I close the dialog
box, the Install Wizard quits, saying my installation has not been
changed.

Help, please!

(I am running Vista Home Premium, and I have Open Office installed,
in case this gives a clue.)

In the German mailing list we found, that it produces trouble, if the path contains the special character $. Other special characters might be dangerous too. Please have a look at your path, whether it contains only "normal" characters.

Kind regards
Regina