Am 11.03.2012 19:48, tops wrote:
Hi all,

I have been using OO and LibreOffice prior to 3.5 with Base and Reports. Now the Reports in 3.5 can
not be used any further, instead I had to try (despair) and create new Reports using the Oracle
Reports Tool. IMHO this is a major leap backwards… It is very, very slow on my Mac (2.13 GHz
Core2Duo), it does somehow not save my new generates Reports. If I choose the Table Model it will
write the Column Heading repeatedly (I did not find a way to prevent this) on each Row. To Adjust
the Columns and Rows is REALLY Painful. It is no longer possible to use Fields i.e. Page Numbers.
Despite setting the Format to A4 Landscape the GUI will limit placing Labels further than 200mm of
a Portrait A4 Page.

I prefer Calc as a simplified report engine. It supports more math functions than anything else. It provides the "natural" surrounding for charts. It supports dynamically linked, (conditionally) formattable import ranges, pivot tables, secondary filters and sort orders. It is the only report format which can be loaded from any form with a click on a simple hyperlink. All you have to take care of is the proper page layout.
[Tutorial] Using registered datasources in Calc:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=18511