Am 08.03.2012 06:54, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
I believe that a sample solution can be found in AndrewBase.odt, search
for the macro listing "Prompt for a CSV file, and then display the data."

Right, your AndrewBase.odt demonstrates how to load plain text database data into the database component, with or without macros. In the Base tutorials of http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum.php we find tutorials and examples about loading plain text database data into 2 different types of databases without any macro code and this is what I suggested in the first place. With the help of the built-in HSQLDB we can design your own csv editors for specific types of csv files. Once you have these data in Base, a drag&drop dumps them into any other component.

Your latest draft of your macro document http://www.pitonyak.org/OOME_3_0.odt deals with MediaDescriptor and FilterOptions providing a routine to display all arguments that had been used to load a file.

But the issue here is that "fork" insists in using one particular calculating tool called "spreadsheet" but in fact he hates using any tool at all which is why he nags people to write him a tool on top of the tool.

Today's even more blatant example of not using a software tool: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=145216
Finally he hired a coder because he can not apply simple formulas.

While "fork" is waiting for a lazy person who writes a csv import routine for tab separated files with unknown encoding, unknown text delimiters, suppressing evaluation for an unknown amount of columns, he may try a dedicated csv editor which helped so many spreadsheet non-users: http://csved.sjfrancke.nl/