I believe that a sample solution can be found in AndrewBase.odt, search for the macro listing "Prompt for a CSV file, and then display the data."

On 03/06/2012 06:35 PM, fork wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, thanks to all for such a great product!

Second, I would like to write, record, or copy a macro for calc that opens a
tab delimited file and sets all the imported columns to be text format.  I want
it to give me a file selection dialogue, but otherwise do everything else
automatically.

I know how to do this manually, and it isn't tricky, it is just that we have
LOTS of tab delimited text data files here at work, and it would awesome to be
able to push a button, choose a file, and voila.

Since I have already chosen not to have LO prompt if saving in non-ODT, this
would work seamlessly, saving me endless hours of fury at Excel for their stupid
"you will lose formatting" blather.

I can provide any more info if anyone would like.

P.S. -- I don't really want to get good at macro writing, so I am hoping for the
very quickest quick hack, rather than the 500 page introduction to LO Basic.  No
judgements implied, just expediency.

Tx!

--
Andrew Pitonyak