$ ls foo.txtls: delme.txt: No such file or directory$Sorry, the delme.txt above is a typo. it
should be$ ls foo.txtls: foo.txt: No such file or directory$(Basically, I'm issuing the 'ls'
command to show that foo.txt did
    not get created.)On 02/29/2012 01:05 PM, Harry Simons wrote:Hey Andreas,Please treat this
question as a headless question from a headless
      one.I'm on RHEL 5, so cannot used Windows-based solutions. LO being
      multi-megabyte is not an issue as long as it works.I forgot: Did you play with the command
line options of
      LibreOffice?Yes, I have been playing and reading and reading and playing for
      the last several hours. Have tried looking at the code of unoconv
      also but not much luck so far. I admit I'm not a good code-reader
      and I'm reading in a very rushed-mode also.I, for example, tried the following to start the
LO as listener:$ soffice.bin --headless
        --accept='socket,host=0,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1;urp;'[2] 13628$ netstat -tnap | grep
sofficetcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8100
        0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      13628/soffice.bin  So, clearly soffice is listening
now.To connect, I'm issuing the following but don't really know if
      this what is needed to be done. Which is why I posted the question
      in the first place. Read this link also in the meantime
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/Opening_a_Connection)
      , but I'm still missing something.$ soffice.bin --headless
        --accept='socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1;urp;'
        --convert-to txt foo.doc; echo $?1$ ls foo.txtls: delme.txt: No such file or directory$I
need a tool that converts not just .doc files but all MS Office
      files (.xls, .ppt, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx). I thought LO would be
      great to use these since I'm already satisfied by how it loads up
      these files in interactive/GUI mode.Would greatly appreciate if someone could point out what
exactly
      I'm missing, my needle is stuck and not moving forward. :-(Regards,A headless listener :-)On
02/29/2012 12:26 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:Am
        29.02.2012 07:52, Andreas Säger wrote:322 results for "headless" on the user
          forum:http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?keywords=headlessDozends of
tools have been written for
OOo:http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=11890http://artofsolving.com/opensource/jodconverterGoogle
 shows dozends of other doc2txt tools that do not depend
          on amulti-megabyte office suite.WinWord and VBA might be the very best tool to convert
their
          ownproprietary file format to plain text.I forgot: Did you play with the command line
options of
        LibreOffice?See soffice[.exe] -help