I fully agree with you Tom, but I can follow the flow (up or down) to suit the poster and what ever is the custom in his/her part of the world (customer oriented). Here we file most relevant (recent) on top, digging down for more background but may be other nationalities file most recent on the bottom. May be forums were invented to circumvent the "top-posting-vs-bottom-posting" religious wars.
steve