anthropornis <anthropornis@gmail.com> writes:

I am curious, which, if any, word processing programs (not text
editors) actually have an Emacs "mode"?

Oh I would like to know that, too :)

Compared to the broader base of non-techie word processor users,
making a word processor behave like Emacs would be extraordinarily
niche oriented.

To me, there´s quite a difference between "make application A (behave)
like application B" and "be able to define (some frequently used) key
bindings in application A to be the same ones as in application B for
the same functionality". Do you want, for example, your MUA behave like
the spreadsheet in LO --- or would you rather have the same key binding
in your MUA and in your spreadsheet for saving your work?

The latter isn´t a new idea. And isn´t LO "extraordinarily niche
orientated" in beeing programmable with it´s own programming language
--- or is it more like emacs in that regard than people happen to
notice?

Why don't you just actually write documents in Emacs and do some LaTex
or similar formatting like some other Emacs users do?

It´s because I´m not sufficiently familiar with LaTeX to always get the
result I want with LaTeX with the same amount of effort I can get the
result with LO. It has been the other way round as well. It´s only a
matter of chosing the right tool for the job --- and if I could adjust
the key bindings in LO to what I use in emacs, I could make the job
even easier for me.