On 1/26/2012 5:20 PM, Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Greg,

Gregory Forster wrote (27-01-12 00:13)

[...] then proceed to highlight and move from the Database
columns box on the left to the box on the right, all in the proper
format for an address label.

What kind of format do you mean?

When I exit the Data to Text box, the
address label format does not keep as I entered, using LibreOffice. I
always have to reformat the text (which is time consuming and annoying).

What changes in formatting (thus what / how do you have to change)?

Thanks for your further explanation,

First, I highlight First Name in the box on the left. Then I click the > between the two boxes to move the First Name to the box on the right. Then I move the cursor to the end of <First Name> in the right box and press the space bar. Then I highlight Last Name in the left box, click the > in the middle to move the Last Name to the right box, so I have: <First Name> <Last Name>, then I move the cursor to the end of <Last Name> and press Enter. I then highlight Address 1 in the left box and click > to move the <Address 1> underneath the <First Name> <Last Name>. Then I move the cursor after the <Address 1> and press Enter. I then highlight City in the left box, press > to move City to the right box. I then move my cursor after <City> in the right box and add a comma and a space. Then I highlight State in the left box, click > to move State to the right box. I then move the cursor to the right box after <City>, <State> and press the space bar twice. I then highlight the ZIP/Postal (Home) in the left box, click the > to move the ZIP/Postal (Home) to the right box after <City>, <State>. Now I have the first and last name on the top line, the address in the middle line and the city, state and zipcode on the third line. This formatting is all done with the Text button checked in the upper Insert Data As:

That format gives me the proper address labeling for letters, labels, etc. However, when I exit the Insert Database Columns popup, the formatting disappears in LibreOffice. However, in OpenOffice, that formatting would stay intact. Grant it, that formatting would have to be initialized for each address book database used.

I hope that helps.

Greg