On 01/17/2012 06:39 PM, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:
On 18/01/2012 at 00:20, Sylvia Schmidt<sylvia.schmidt@jielo.de>  wrote:

thank you for the suggestion but that is one way that doesn't work for
me - because, I have to create a pdf which will be printed by a company
that will also bind the book.

Within the pdf the back pages have to be blanks in order to be printed
correctly.
I am pretty sure that this should be done at printer-level and not document-
level. Can't you just tell them that they should print it one-sided and leave
right page blank?

Let's consider that you can't. If you are using Linux (and by your User-Agent
I can tell that you do), you can use pdftk (check in your distribution
repository) to insert blank page after each page of your continuously numbered
document. A little scripting may be needed, as well as "empty" PDF, but it
should be very difficult to achieve.

Maybe there are similar tools for Windows as well, I don't know.
I thought there might be a way to "turn-off" a page numbering option in a Footer after most of the document uses that format. Can you change the footer's text later in the document without it reseting the earlier pages?

As for inserting blank PDF pages, there are many free PDF "editing" packages Windows/Linux that you can combine/merge 2 or more PDF documents. I remember seeing them a few months ago during my last Windows PDF editing search. If not free, the costs are small if you need to do this many times. I would create a document with the needed blank pages and merge in to the end of your PDF document. I merged 2 PDF documents early last year on my Linux system, but I do not remember what package I used.

The "back pages" is different from the "back of the pages". I see many books that are printed that use blank pages for the last few pages/sheets in the books. Tech books more often than pleasure reading types. It is part of the printer's processing. Also some must have even number of page sides so you do not end with front side of the page and do not "show" or print a back side of that page when it goes into a 2-sided printer. I have one and sometimes that issue messes me up with multiple copies of 2-sided document printing.