Hi Folks,

Firstly, congrats on Libreoffice - its pretty darn good and working very
well for everything else I've tried doing with it.

I'm having weird problems trying to link a chart from calc spreadsheet into
a writer document. Despite trying several approaches I can't get it to link
- it just seems to be hard coding the data values.

The calc spreadsheet has many worksheets, and the chart exists on a
worksheet with various other items of data.

Selecting "copy" in calc then "paste special" in writer gives the options
to insert the chart as a jstar XML object or GDI metafile - this clearly
seems to just insert a graphical representation generated at the point of
paste so the values never update.

Selecting "copy" in calc, then "paste" in writer seems to *almost* insert
it as a link, however the data values in writer don't update when changed
in the calc file. Furthermore trying to edit the chart in writer is
possible, but the dialog to access the data ranges is missing - this I'm
guessing its somehow hard coded the data values.

I've setup the tools/options/general settings so that links are always
updated, and I have successfully connected calc and writer with OLE objects
for various data tables so its not completely uncooperative.

Any ideas as to how I might get the link to work appreciated!

Cheers,

--
*Dave Edwards,*
SOMNIUM Technologies Limited