Thanks - I've tried more things and have an idea of the problem now, but
its still not working.
Migel's suggestion of DDE was exactly what I'd said I'd tried and it didn't
I've tried Cor's idea of DDE linking to the table and generating the chart
in writer instead.
This *almost* worked but doesn't update. At first it didn't work at all as
when creating the chart the table contents were interpreted as text (rather
than the underlying current format used in the calc document). I've turned
on number recognition and managed to change the format in the linked table
*before* creating the chart and it now understands the numbers so actually
However, it appears that this translation from imported numbers to text
back to numbers is a 1 off process - the underlying table does not update
thru the link, I'm guessing because the text conversion has been done ;-(
It seems there is something weird going on - any other ideas for sorting
out this number link/formatting problem might sort it out!
Thanks in advance.
SOMNIUM Technologies Limited
+44 78 08 400 376
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy