Le 03/01/12 16:58, Jeff Sadowski a écrit :

Hi Jeff,

I'm using the odbc connector for mysql.

This has always had its own particular problems, dependent on the
version you are using.

I found it impossible working with tables that don't have primary keys
in base. You can't create an entry form that works.

Yes, you need to have a primary key on your table, and preferably,
include it in your queries, otherwise the results are read only.

 I found it
impossible though base to add the primary key to an existing table.

Yes, you would need to do this via the command line interface or another
mysql interfacing tool, although I suspect that this might be a
limitation of the ODBC driver (I haven't checked to compare with JDBC or
the native mysql connector extension).

Since I only have one entry a day for my printers I used date and
serial together as a primary key I wonder if that has anything to do
with it not printing the date if I only use * in my select statement.
But like I said in mysql itself it shows it with just *.

Multiple-field keys as the primary key for a table have always been
slightly problematic with OOo/LO, again dependent on your connector
driver type and version, and even the version of OOo/LO.

Mysql is guilty of the other flaws like time not being in seconds.
I have to try and find what it is using I get no records with the
above sql I needed to multiply the subtracted by 60 or so to get
results but I'll figure that out latter.

You may find that you have to use CAST in your SQL statements to get the
results that you want. I find mysql's handling of dates and times
strange indeed, and it has been my undoing on many an occasion.

Alex