Hi :)
We do.  We ask people to get involved with the decision making at all levels in TDF.  Hmmm, well
probably that is mostly the other lists but we do ask occasionally.  Don't forget that a lot of
those "users" are really us, or become us even if we disagree and argue with each other
occasionally.  It's not like a proprietary thing where there is a clear distinction between users
and people that that manage the project.  Each new person that starts getting involved changes the
project and changes what "us" means.  There is not really an them&us here.  It's one of the
exciting things about the project imo.
Regards from
Tom :)