I don't believe that is always the case. I just used the label format to create a set of 422 labels for specimens in a museum using a spreadsheet which contained all of the label data and LibreOffice Base. There were 39 pages of labels and the program inserted a blank page between each page of labels. There were no page numbers.

Since the museum required a special size label - one that did not match any of the templates, I used the closest size template and then changed the label dimensions and margins to suit our needs. Saved it as a custom template. We did not use actual labels, but printed white on black (margins included) on heavy stock and then cut the sheets apart to the proper size.

Jerry