Hi Jonathon,

Jonathon Waterman schrieb:
I have a lengthy .doc file which uses Drop Caps that I created in LO 3.4.3
that I need to share between LO and MS Word.

However, while everything looks good in L.O., the drop cap set for 1
character and 3 lines - when the .doc file is opened in MS Word - there are
two blank lines directly underneath the drop cap.

I can see, that the display is wrong in Word2010. It seems to be an error in Word. _In Word_ right click the anchor of the drop cap, from this context menu choose "Drop Cap" and click OK without any changes. Do you still see the additional lines?

How can I get a consistency between the two programs?

You can try to use odt-format in Word2010. The odt-format of Word2010 seems usable to me. If you will use odt-format in Word2010, then set the file format to ODF1.0/1.1 in Tools > Options > Load/Save in LibreOffice because Word2010 does not yet support ODF1.2.

Kind regards
Regina