I made a mistake yesterday and installed 32bit packages (RPM) downloaded from Libreoffice website
onto a 64bit machine.  I thought that wouldn't matter much but I was wrong. The icons wouldn't
surface on the overview mode (Gnome-3).

So I removed the packages via yum and got the 64bit packages. Problem is, they wouldn't install
because yum reports series of conflicts on files installed by the previous packages. They have been
removed! Which conflict again? All attempts to install the 64bit version now fail with this error.
Someone has either forgotten to add code that instructs the rpm database of removal of locally
installed packages OR ... My machine is b0rked somewhere else.

So I reverted to 3.3.3 on my network and all went fine (is it because it sees that as a repo?). Why
couldn't I install 3.4 (64bits) after removing the 32bit version? It was removed via yum! I'm
spooked