"Is there an overview of the changes to the standard between v1.1 and v1.2 ?

"It might be possible to have both an odt11 and odt12 backend with odt12
inheriting the bulk of odt11 and implementing just the differences."

There are some Appendices in Part 1 and Part 3 that describe changes since previous versions.  I
don't know that they are complete and I don't know if they indicate what might be breaking changes.

For AsciiDoc and any emitter, it would be great if the software indicated the smallest version of
ODF that was actually required to correctly consume a document.  I know that is hard.  One way to
soften the blow is to not use a different ODF 1.2 provision when only the ODF 1.1 form is needed to
accomplish a feature.  In many cases, ODF 1.2 defaults are the same as the only ODF 1.1 capability,
and it is ODF 1.2-unique ways of only getting that default behavior that will make an unnecessary
incompatibility in a document.

 - Dennis