I do not use PPAs. I either get from the repositories from Ubuntu or from the software's site. I have only about 3 or 4 packages, other than LO, that I use that are not either in the Ubuntu repositories anymore, or never was there in the first place.

The fact that packages like LO are updating every few months makes it one that the repositories may never want to try to keep up and modify their repositories every time the package comes out with an update or upgrade. Also, now that there are going to be 2 lines of LO going at the same time, repositories will not want to have both line, or three lines when 3.5.x line comes out.