On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 15:50 -0400, jomali wrote:

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM, dave boland <dboland9@fastmail.fm> wrote:

This is why I   r e a l l y   think that it is time to go to regular
newsgroups -- a lot less fussing for the user.

I have been on the gmane sight twice, and I still don't see how to
subscribe.  It is not worth the bother!

Spam aside, what are the objections to regular newsgroups?  It just
seems like it is the right thing to do at the right time to do it.

Absolutely not. I receive and read the e-mail messages and find them very
useful. Like many others on this list, I dislike newsgroups and forums
(fora?). If you like newsgroups, stick to gMane.

jomail

pl of forum in Latin is fori, you are thinking of forae, which is the
genitive/plural ending for feminine nouns (usually end -a) and -um nouns
are usually neuter. (If I remember my Latin from way back in the Dark
Ages LOL)

Dave,

On Monday, September 26, 2011 1:24 PM, "Ken Springer" <snowshed1@q.com>