On 9/28/11 4:45 AM, Stefan Gruber wrote:
Mihamina Rakotomandimby schrieb:
Have you heard about Gmane?
You can have this list as newgroup with this.

I'm posting to this list via Gmane successfully, as you can see.

In contrary, posting to
gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.user.german and other
lists does not work properly. I do not know why and do not have
time to find it out.

That is the main reason, why I personally support the OP for
calling real native newsgroups.

One thing to consider, if LO were to do this, is the cost of setting it up and then maintaining the system.

Besides, I also think it is the most useful way.

But I guess most of those readers are used to Mailing Lists,
although *I* don't like to blow up my Mailclient with hundreds of
Postings...

I hate mailing lists, and was just about to unsubscribe when I learned about Gmane. Just recently, I found a couple other ways/places to read the mailing list that resembles a newsgroup, but IMO still not as handy as a newsgroup reader.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 6.0.2