On 9/26/11 1:38 PM, dave boland wrote:
This is why I   r e a l l y   think that it is time to go to regular
newsgroups -- a lot less fussing for the user.

I see no difference between using Gmane and any other newsgroup, once it's set up. It's just that the instructions on how to do it are crappy at best. And LO can't do anything about Gmane's instructions.

I have been on the gmane sight twice, and I still don't see how to
subscribe.  It is not worth the bother!

I *think* I see the problem. You may have some things mixed up, resulting in you trying to do the impossible.

I'd like to explain this here, in the list, but I'm not sure the "how to do it" would be appropriate for the thread. I'd also like to be able to include some screenshots, but since the list is text only, I can't do that either. And, it would be lengthy, if you want me to do a good job. :-)

I'd like to get some feedback on the legitimacy of posting the instructions here. Maybe something from a moderator would be nice. :-)

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 6.0.2