In a lot of my stories, old and new, LibreOffice thinks they are tables; that
is, there is a gray box around several paragraphs, usually toward the end.
Or, starting with the 1st or second or third or... paragraph to the end.  I
want to keep the stories, but delete the 'tables'.  I have tried to put the
cursor into the top left corner of the box and 'table delete.'  Actually, I
can't find Table|Delete: I find Table|Convert.  Convert shows Text to Table
and Table to Text, but Table to Text is grayed out.  I have tried to gray
the story, and convert table to text.  One story I Saved As text; paragraphs
now run together.  I have no trouble moving the cursor from the first line
to the last (Ctrl-End), but if I try to go back to the first line
(Ctrl-Home), the cursor will stop inside the top corner of the box.

The most recent story I downloaded has the gray box from just below the
title to the end.  I can click on table in the (top) menu, which will show
Insert, Delete, and Select.  When I click on Select, all four choices
(Table, Rows, Columns, Cells) are grayed out.

I didn't get all my macro questions answered, but I'll come back to those
later on.  Right now, I am only worried about the gray boxes.

Thanks.