On 09/09/2011 04:58 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
On 09/09/2011 06:13 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 09/09/2011 03:03 PM, Cor Nouws wrote:
Tod Hopkins wrote (09-09-11 21:45)
I would really like if LibreOffice would alert me if a document
references a font that is not available.
Well, pls read the reply that I had send before. And see the nice
image that Nuno has made for you :-)

It guess the question then would be: what is the 'closest available
font' that will be used?

In OOo 3.2 you could look at the VCL.xcu file and somewhat figure it
out. However after 3.2 their is no longer a VCL.xcu and I've no idea
what is used as the replacement.

Here is a document is something I made in 2006 from various sources
about look-alike font.  This is a manual version to help deal with fonts
and what ones work.  It was created to deal with web pages and dealing
with installed fonts on the computer and CSS name lists so the page will
display properly.  It may no help with what LO will use as a substitute,
but it might be a good reference for some people.

libreoffice-na.us/other/look-alike-fonts-list-27-page-3-column.pdf
<http://www.libreoffice-na.us/other/look-alike-fonts-list-27-page-3-column.pdf>
[actually 26 pages for this version  22 page at 8 point display font]

For the font called Broadway, here is what the list shows as it
look-alike fonts
    Bravo
    Big City
    Deco
    Hudson
    Moderne
    Ritz
    Showtime
    Superb

I created a simple doc with a fictitious font 'supercalifrag' and then
exported as a PDF/1 and the default (on my system) ends up as DejaVuSans
(Embedded Subset). That seems to be the hardwired font included in LO
3.x. But I don't know how to test with others (Asian etc). But the
question still remains as to how to determine what the substitute font
is/will be. And without the VLC.xcu file I've no idea where to look next.