Am 08.09.2011 22:36, ncreamer wrote:
I'm looking for a way to demonstrate a subtotal of a numeric sub-form column
while entering data.  To help explain, I'll use the animals/people/thing
example odb file referenced in
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Base-form-table-grid-new-record-on-top-td3314448.html#a3320872
this thread .

Hi,
Let's say everything has a price, wheight, volume or something:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=8641
[ingredients and nutrition values copied from a Swedish spreadsheet, composed meals from ingredients, calculating values for each meal in another subform.

The table structure in the example includes and intermediary P_T used to
cope with a many to many between Persons and Things. But let's add a numeric
column to the P_T table that would allow us to track multiples of a single
thing. So, for example instead of noting that a person has a single hammer,
and an axe, we could track instead that they have 34 hammers and 16 axes.

What I want to do is add a subtotal by record on the form (doesn't matter if
I need to refresh - that's OK).  Is there a way to query WHERE record =
current?  If so, it seems I could put that on the form.

For the sake of further explanation, I have a PDF file that tells me at the
top that a person has 400 things (e.g. 34 hammers, 16 axes, etc.). And then
I have to manually search through the PDF to find out what those things are.
I'd like the form to help calculate things for me so when I make an entry
(and push "refresh") I can see that I've so far entered 345 things for this
person (better said, this one record) and need to keep searching for the
other 65.  Make sense?

If you can derive some plain text table from the PDF (csv from conversion program or paste into spreadsheet) it _may_ be possible to query the items right from a plain text file and compare them with database tables.

Greetings,
Andreas