Onyeibo Oku-2 wrote:

Sorry for the use of the word "fanboy".  Probably not the best
description but there seemed to be a biased polarization from the way
you compared Thunderbird and Outlook.  Read the quote below (you own
words):

<my words>

It implies that those 'talking' or looking at Thunderbird are making a
mistake. Naturally, anybody would ask why?
Well, I do appreciate the apology so I'll let you off the hook. I'm not
TRYING to be biased as such - I'm no fan of Microsoft, and I have used
Thunderbird for a few years before switching entirely to web-based email
clients. However I've also worked in the IT sector, setting up workstations
for various businesses which my company had as clients, and I have to say,
it was a BIG eye-opener as to the reasons why Windows and Outlook/Office are
so widely used and why the push for Linux and LibreOffice on corporate
desktops will never succeed. Microsoft just has too good an implementation
in terms of smooth integration with all its products... so long as you're
sticking with Microsoft-only products of course. Which is why they continue
to rule the corporate sector.

Onyeibo Oku-2 wrote:

And that was the answer.  Is that well researched?  Comparing products
without a fair experience of both is what makes one look like a
'fanboy'.  I use Microsoft Products too and as Planas pointed out, their
OS hosts fantastic games. As an Architect, I use Autodesk products a
lot. We don't have products that compare well with those in Linux world
except for Bricsys' BricsCAD (but that's just for traditional 2D
drafting).
My research is mostly based off from my experiences with Outlook at
implemented by my business, how we set up machines for corporate use, as
well as my personal experiences setting up an alternative for myself. It's
worth mentioning that the only real advantages the open-source solutions
have are that they are easily cross-platform (so would work in a Linux setup
as opposed to Microsoft of course not having such software available for
Linux), and that it's free or cheap. However, those two points aren't really
important for a lot of businesses because the status quo is easier to deal
with, and rocking the boat was not my job.

Onyeibo Oku-2 wrote:

I wasn't disagreeing with that. But I do have a problem with that first
sentence. "Jesus" and "Christ" are names held sacred by some people.
Putting "fucking" in-between? ...well, please this thread has people
from different spheres of life. Consider all.
Fair point. I apologies for going overboard with the profanity and
blasphemy.

Onyeibo Oku-2 wrote:

Its like telling the people looking at LibreOffice Calc to consider that
M$-Excel has a lot of features that appeal to the corporate world,
without recognizing that most of the examples sited to support your POV
are actually functional in Calc!
Aye. It's just that working in the "real world" as opposed to ranting on a
Linux forum showed me how far Linux and open-source has to go for even
making a dent in the monopoly Microsoft has on the corporate desktop. It
would be NICE of course if Libre/OpenOffice was used more, but it isn't, and
there isn't as yet much imputus to change.

When I released this, I decided it's better to stop being so fanatical about
Linux and open-soruce and instead understand WHY people use things such as
Outlook so much, and I discovered it's because Microsoft are damn good at
finding out what their customers want. Implementation needs a little work
sometimes, but they aren't stupid.