At 00:59 07/09/2011 +0100, Linda L. Hull wrote:
I pasted some addresses to a blank writer page, and did format > columns, selected 3 columns. The columns look fine, but I can't click below them in the page. I tried pasting the material again, same result, and also pasting the material from vi(m). How do I get it to let me write the letter below the columns?

Did you have anything selected when you set Format | Columns... to 3? If not, I think you will have given your (Default?) page style three columns. But if you selected the text before doing so, you will instead have created a section with three columns. In this latter case, you may well find the cursor appears to be stuck inside the section and not see how to get it outside and after the section. If you press Enter, you simply create new empty paragraphs inside the section, which expands to allow this.

Two alternative solutions:
o Before setting three columns, press Enter at the end of your text to create an empty paragraph. Take care *not* to include this in the selected text when you set three columns. o Put the cursor at the end of the text in the three-column section. Press Alt+Enter. VoilĂ !

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker