Hi Andreas,

have tried this but although the Status window in the  Execute SQL Statement
Dialog Box reports "1: Command successfully executed." there has been no
change to the table.

BTW I am using latest version of LO with Ubuntu 11.04

LibreOffice 3.3.3
OOO330m19 (Build:301)
tag libreoffice-3.3.3.1, Ubuntu package 1:3.3.3-1ubuntu2

Is there an error log that I can check out to see why the SQL request
failed?

Best regards

John