On 7/27/2011 1:01 PM, JOE Conner wrote:
On 7/27/2011 5:04 AM, David B Teague sr wrote:
Using your data, I used
Edit > "paste special"
then chose "unformatted text" from the dialog. The dialog then wanted to know what the separator was. I tried "space" and it inserted data into cells but your data has a number spaces so I got many blank cells.

I tried to replace multiple spaces with a comma, and that worked, but your data doesn't have a consistent number of separating spaces so that did not appear to be useful. I played with it, and I believe if you separate the data items with a single space, a tab, or something that Calc likes for a separator you may have some luck with "paste special".

Hope this helps.

--David Teague
Did you not have the checkbox checked for "merge delimiters"?
Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA

OOOOooooh. I did NOT. I'll have to look for that. It will save me some work.
Thanks
David

--
nil significat nisi oscillat