Hi Tom,

Thanks for taking the time with this one.

I am sure it's something to do with just settings.  There was a thread about it
a few months ago.  "Webmaster at Kracked Press" had a good answer but i can't
find the thread.

I'll have a look.

I don't know if this is it but in
Tools - Options - LibreOffice - Paths
is AutoCorrect set at something like
/home/username/.libreoffice/3/user/autocorr

Yup.  Although there are no files in that directory.  Perhaps that's not important.

Also in
Tools - Options - LibreOffice - "Language Settings" - Languages
there are 4 drop-downs.  The top one often reverts to "English (USA)"

I can't get it to say anything else.  Where can a reset a language to give me more options for
this dropdown?  I've reset the locale & language in Fedora, that doesn't seem to do it! :-(

But i
think they all 'should' be on "Default - English (UK)" ecept currency which
'should' by "Default - GBP"

Default doesn't seem to be an option, they're all countries & currencies.  Mine is set to GBP.

In the top box of the 3 boxes in
Tools - Options - LibreOffice - "Language Settings" - "Writing Aids"
I have "Hunspell SpellChecker" ticked.

This seems to be the crux of it.  Hunspell doesn't appear in that box, and I don't see any way
to add it, from this dialogue anyway.

In the middle box i have 4
"dictionaries" ticked
standard [ALL]
soffice [ALL]
technical [ALL]
IgnoreAllList [ALL]

I have added a couple of dictionaries, but I have these you mention too.

In the bottom box i have ticked "check spelling as you type" along with most of
the rest of them except "Check words with numbers" and "Hyphenate without
inquiry".

Yup, pretty much my setup too.

I have CC'd the message directly to you in the hope that you get the attached
screen-shots that way in case they look completely different from yours.

Nope, not got that.

Im haste
Mark Stanton
One small step for mankind...