Hi :)
Did you manage to file the bug-report in the LibreOffice area or OpenOffice?
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport
Hopefully reports filed agaist LibreOffice get some sort of priority when people
are looking for something to fix.  The "Easy Hacks" is a good way to pick bugs
that you might e able to help with to develop your skills before taking on
greater challenges.  It's even a good idea to start that way if you are an
experienced and skilled dev although it might take a LOT less Easy Hacks before
you get warmed-up if you are.  If you are completely new there are mentors to
help guide you through.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)