A paragraph that points to pcmag.com's article about "100 Essential Tips for Microsoft Office 2010" list the following "rule":
[quote]
For most of the world, Microsoft Office 2010 follows the 80/20 rule: 80% of the people use about 20% of the functionality.
[unquote]

That 80% that is not used by the 80% of the users is what MSO advertised a few years ago that these were the most needed options by users and were most of the advertised "thousands of new functions added" for their next upgraded product. I was told once that of that 80% not used, about 90% of that figured features are used by only 1% of MSO's users. Can anyone spell B.L.O.A.T.

I hope LibreOffice never has that type of rule applied to their office suite. The extensions solve many of the functions that are needed by the small percentage of users. We do not need them to be installed by default. We do not need to be able to do spreadsheet functions in a Writer document, but I was told that Word can do that if you knew how to do it properly. That is bloat for rarely function used concept and should not be in a wordprocessing document. Copy/Paste a spreadsheet into a Writer document is OK, but we do not need to bring all of Calc's function over to Writer so you can user Writer for Calc work.