Tom

Thanks - I have posted the request below today - I will let you know if I get a response.

I note that on the new IBM Lotus Symphony Web site - this has to be the most angered and fought for request (1000's), but IBM have now disowned its own software in favour of making the new cut down 3 progs suit "not compatible", OOo used to!, but LibreOffice have taken up the challenge in as much as LO can read the files - although the original formatting is a bit hit and miss.

[wish-list]

/There must be 10's of thousands of Lotus Smart Suite users who use Lotus Wordpro who cannot move (locked in) to any other software because of a brilliant internal tab filing structure within wordpro. This is where you can put standard tabs inside Group tabs.

Because Libreoffice thankfully support Lotus Smart Suite documents (and IBM no longer do), you would be the natural inheritor for all these folk.

At the moment I am not aware of any other software that even have tab documents within a Word processor so you would be unique.

One tab can be for any amount of pages (also called a division).

The beauty of tab documents is that in one file you can have all the documents for say one client, one book etc. laid out in say years +2011, +2010 ..... +1995 or chapters etc. and inside (by clicking the +) the group tab opens up and you can have inside other tabs for all that years correspondence or headings or whatever etc).

Now by having them all in one file, then a document produced in say 2000 is not archived or deleted as every time a new document is added the whole file is updated to the current date, so backing up by current date massively improves.

I have files on current clients that go back to 1991, the "+" means that it is a "group tab" and that there are other tabs inside (and maybe more inside them) etc., Hence its an effective filing structure to handle multi documents.

I have group tabs that go like this "+1990's" > "+1991" > "Contracts" > (then a single tab "12/03/91"

Hence, you can also go straight to a division, click on it and Print it as a separate item. You can copy & paste, insert, you can move a tab, (like making it the 1st or last page(s) in a document.

The problem now is that if a Wordpro document, fully tabbed with say 10 - 1000 Tabs and by transferring it to LibreOfice it just becomes an unmanageable 10 to say 10,000 pages, with no structure.

Managing large documents or many documents over a long period of time becomes achievable with Tabs (divisions)

I would have thought that this would be useful in any word processor. Please consider this

Thank you

John Brassington
/