LibreOffice Writer 3.4.0 running under Windows 7 64-bit.

Problem 1 reproduction -
* Start Writer
* Create a document and type in a few words, nothing special or extravagant
* Save as an .odt file
* Load into MS Office 2010

Error message:
The file <filename> cannot be opened because there are problems with the
contents.

Details
The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.

Clicking OK asks if you want to recover the contents of the document. The
recovered document is correct and uncorrupted.

-----

Problem 2 reproduction -
* Start Writer
* Create another document and type in a few words
* Save as a .doc file (97/2000/XP)
* Load into MS Office 2010

Red toolbar message:
Protected view - Office has detected a problem with this file. Editing it
may harm your computer. Click here for details.

It is then possible to click "Edit anyway" and get on with things. The
loaded file is correct and uncorrupted.

---

In the past I've never had problems with basic files working between both
word processors, but something has happened which is causing Office 2010 to
dislike both the .doc and .odt versions of the files LO is saving. This is
not a good thing. I'll refrain from calling it a bug in case there's an
option within LO which can save the files in such a way as to pacify Office
2010. Otherwise I can't trust it to be usable in a mixed environment.