Except that, as stated earlier you often know the past history of many emails
just form the subject-line so many people don't need nor want to see all that
history all over again but might occasionally want to double-check something on
a rare occasion.

The point is that we need to be able to cope with variety if we are going to
helpful and friendly towards people that are not already in the tiny percentage
of office workers using LO.

Regards from
Tom :)