It's a common cultural problem in the OpenSource community.  Everyone
thinks "they" deserve all software for free, but if you have a company
or business email address "you" should spend all of your money so that
they can continue to have free software.  It doesn't matter what
OpenSource operating system or application/software package you are
using, this irrational response persists.  I imagine it is even more
persistent in the LO world since they just cut free of "Sugar Daddy" and
now need a revenue source.

I actually laugh when I'm greeted with this mentality.  "They" have no
idea if you are a one many shop or a Fortune 50 corporation.  "They" all
think you can plunk down hundreds of thousands of dollars on a whim to
keep software coming to "them."  I told many this would happen, and even
watched it happen about a decade ago.  When the bulk of the community
switched from programmers to consumers.  Since they aren't programmers,
they don't think programmers should be paid and have no idea how many
thousands of hours it takes to correctly design, develop, and TEST a
commercial grade application.  All they know is that they expect
commercial grade software for free...thanks to Microsoft for
dramatically lowering the bar on what qualifies as "commercial grade
software."  If, however, you tell them to show up at their Union/factory
job and work 60/hours per week for 6 months absolutely gratis, "they"
will unleash holy hell on you.

There was actually a fund raising bar thing on the libreoffice site when
the broke away.  I don't see it now.  You see, those people who "work
for" an OpenOffice project at the top don't work for free either.