Well said!

I find this attitude most pervasive in the Ubuntu crowd, but it exists
to some extent with all distributions.  When you get into the
"management" of companies, especially companies with 5 PCs yet name a
Director of IT, the "we don't pay for nuthin'" attitude is even policy.

I have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars of time and cash to
various OpenSource projects.  Participated in driver bug shoots and even
published a completely free book to provide both promotion AND A USER
MANUAL to a Java class library I found to be above all others out there.

http://www.free-ebooks.net/ebook/The-Minimum-You-Need-to-Know-About-Java-and-xBaseJ

All users get to pull it down completely free.  Months of my life and
thousands of dollars in professional editing to provide what most
OpenSource projects lack, a usable manual + tutorial.

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 17:22 -0400, webmaster for Kracked Press