________________________________
From: rdb <rdbusser@gmail.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, 16 May, 2011 6:41:09
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Complex page styles for book layout

Wow, a lot of feedback for one weekend. Thanks everybody.

Jean: "I'll expand upon my previous answer. Don't use Left Page/Right Page
if
the only difference is that margins are mirrored and the info in headers
and/or footers is different. Use a mirrored page style instead. Then the
lefts and rights will take care of themselves when they follow a first
page style. You can set the First Page style to be "left and right" (it
defaults to right only)."

Thanks Jean. Who would have thought it was so simple! That's exactly what I
was looking for.

<snip> ... </snip>

Krackedpress: "Well, LibreOffice can certainly save the work in Word .doc or
Adobe .pdf
file formats."

Jay: "I have to sometimes submit MS Word format to people and what I do is
save the document as both DOC and ODT. I use ODT as the primary and save
to DOC when I need to submit it. A few people actually know I am not
using Word but LO because they know my primary OS is Linux and they have
never reported a problem."

I assumed that outputting to .doc is not without its problems, especially if
your document contains complicated tables. I've had all kinds of problems
importing Word into LibreOffice, and I assumed it would be the same the
other way around.

Rik

<solved>

Hi :)
I think that there tends to be a lot less trouble converting the other way
around, ie from odt to doc or from ods to xls.  There are still a few
differences sometimes & i would guess that tables are one of the areas to expect
a little hassle with.  So, Jean's answer seems best for this case.
Regards from
Tom :)