On 2011-03-29 14:39, Michel Gagnon wrote:
Le 2011-03-28 15:03, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions a écrit :
On 03/28/2011 02:41 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
Hi.
I had this same thing. The document font was arial on both machines.
But I found the arial fonts were not the same. I copied the arial
font from the first machine to the second machine (deleting and
replacing the font) and the layout was then the same.

steve
<snip>

I never heard of that issue. Maybe the TTF vs. OTF fonts would make a
difference, but I use TTF for all my fonts if I have it in that
format. I do make sure that any of my systems have the same list of
fonts installed.

It is indeed an issue. On my XP, I have Arial v.3.0, whereas on my
Windows 7, I have Arial 5.06. From what I see, they are identical,
except v.5 has better kerning pairs with accented letters ("Téléphone"
doesn't look as bad) and more special letters. But other less basic
fonts have been fine-tuned over the years, with sometimes unexpected
results.
Also a bug was corrected between OOo 3.2 and LO 3.3: previously, line
spacing at less than 100% was not rendered correctly. So I gained 1-2
lines per page on many documents.

I gained 1-2 lines per page between Arial on my mac and Arial on my
Suse. Really mucked up a 40 page manual with copious diagrams.