mån 2011-03-28 klockan 18:05 +0300 skrev Cevad OZTUG:
Ok.
Let me try to clarify.
Please forget all the stories about my company and about different
nationalities.

The question is this:

How you make libre office in any operating system to show numbers as:
123'456'789.00

Thanks again.

On 03/28/2011 05:30 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
On 03/28/2011 09:48 AM, Cevad OZTUG wrote:

Dear Lorenzo,
Thank you for your reply. I realized that I should make the problem
more clear.

1. As an international office we have our own custom settings in
between us with remote offices as well.
2. In our reports, presentations and documents, we would like to show
our numbers as 123'456'789.00 .none of the predefined localization
settings are showing this style (universal calculator appearance).
3. Windows and pardus are giving us the opportunity to make necessary
definitions. But libre office is not referring to system definitions
and also not letting us to define or use custom characters-symbols for
thousand separator and decimal point.

So we are looking for a solution not to go with pre-defined
localization settings but to be able to define our set of characters.

A clarification please:

Are you talking about changing the "default" English setup, then
installing the language and character sets needed for the localized
needs? Is there going to be different version of the install files that
would default directly to Spanish, French, etc., language instructions
that are currently seen in English? [if it is seen in other languages, I
did not know this since you have to download the other languages]

I can see where there could be a problem with non-English speaking users
if the install process requires English until the user installs the
local language files for the menus. The problem could be in offering 40+
different install versions, one for each major local language. This
"problem" will need to be resolved, but then the developers will need to
create all those 40+ versions every time there is an update or upgrade.

--

The one thing I do tell people locally, is if you speak one than
English, you can install LibreOffice and write you non-English documents

Thanks again,