Strongly worded, but well-aimed I think.  I have an iMAC
running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and I use Thunderbird.

I would welcome conferencing but because of my choices,
I am standing out on the loose edges.

I have been let down by Windows-only decisions made by
developers and/or vendors too.

Let's go OpenSource where ever possible - all the way!