XP SP3+, 4 Gig RAM, lots of disk space, Libre 3.3.1:

I don't know if 3.3.0 is the same; didn't try this in 3.3.0.

If I use Libre to open a Word 2k2 .doc file, 25 pages long with a fair
number of images which are free standing (not in a table or text box) and
anchored to paragraphs, I'll get the first 2 full page, title text only,
images just fine.
   However, the remaining pages of images are not there; just an empty
border-set with handles, showing where the image WOULD be, but without any
image showing.
   Thinking the full page images might be an issue when files from Word
(.doc) are opened, I tried a few other files. In every case, only the first
two pages with images display the images. After that, ALL images are
missing, except for the image outline, complete with drag bars (e.g.
container for the image/s), but NO image.

I have searched elsewhere for something to help, but nada on Google or on
this group that seems to apply. Which makes me wonder if I am the only one
with this complaint and it's either my setup of Libre Options or something
else I have control of but don't realize it. I've searched Options several
times and can find nothing to help me. Not surprising since this seems to be
something trying to work but gets cancelled out after 2 images and quits
showing them.

IMO right now it's a bug in Libre 3.3.1 but I'm open to any suggestions that
might put the blame right back on me. So I'd appreciate any and all input
concerning this issue. It's a show-stopper for me. I haven't tried the other
apps, assuming at this point that it would be pointless plus I'm actually
constrained for time right now.

TIA,

Twayne`