Forwarding to users@libreoffice.org

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:28, am577 wrote:
On 28/02/2011 19:46, Manfred J. Krause wrote:

[...]

The language attribute at the cursor position is shown in the status bar.
Please set the cursor in a part of your text, where spell check isn't
available.
What language is shown in the status bar?

[None]

Open the Styles and Formatting window (F11).
What language attribute is shown in the Font tab for the "Default"
paragraph style
(Right click>  Modify)?

[None]

Set the cursor in a part of your text, where spell check isn't available.
What paragraph style is highlighted in the Styles and Formatting window?

What language attribute is there shown in the Font tab?

[None]

Tools>  Language>  For all Text>  (select) English (UK) -
does it work?

No.

Tools>  Language>  For all Text>  (select) Reset to Default Language -
does it work?

No.

[...]

Could you upload (somewhere - not to the mailing list) a sample
document with broken spell check?

I don't have access to an FTP site. I could email it to you...?

Yes, please--there have been similar issues, and I'm interested in
food for thought for my cause analysis... ;-)

Anyway, thanks, Manfred. You have helped me solve the problem, because from
F11 and then using 'Modify' on the Default entry, I can change the Language
from [None] to English[UK}, and spellcheck
then works OK.

That's an improvement. :-)

The underlying problem is that new documents are being
created with no Language setting, and I didn't know how to change the
setting in the document. I need to find the document template and make sure
it has the language set correctly.
I suggest that LO should make sure that the initial templates are installed
with the correct Language set. [...]

Do you open a new Writer document via Desktop New > OpenDocument Text?
As far as I remember, that isn't the best way (and language settings
can get lost)...

Well, you could try:

(1)
- Open Writer (Untitled 1) [do not via Desktop New > OpenDocument Text]
- Menu File > Templates > Organize > My Templates > Commands > Reset
Default Template
- Close LibO (+ quickstarter)

- Open Writer (Untitled 1) [do not via Desktop New > OpenDocument Text]
- Menu Tools > Language > For all Text > English (UK)
- Check Menu Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages > Default
languages for documents - Western > should show: English (UK); if not:
select English (UK);
[  ] For the current document only (no tick)

- Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > Basic Fonts (Western) >
Select your custom settings
- Check Styles and Formatting (F11) > Paragraph Styles > Default >
language attribute should show: English (UK); if not: select English
(UK)

- Close LibO (+ quickstarter), and restart the application.

Maybe, this will work.
If not...

(2)
Download <en_uk_1.zip>
(9 KB)
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19264180/en_uk_1.zip>

Rename the downloaded file <en_uk_1.zip> to <en_uk_1.ott>.

The template <en_uk_1.ott> is created
- from LibO 3.3.1 Default Template ("Reset Default Template", [path
see above]), with the language attribute English (UK)
- with Basic Fonts (Western) > "Default" [path see above].

You could add the template to your folder template -
user profile (application data) ...\LibreOffice\3\user\template.

Then open LibO (Writer), go to Menu File > Templates > Organize > My Templates,
select (highlight) en_uk_1.ott > Commands > Set As Default Template.
Close LibO (+ quickstarter), and restart the application.

Then you can customize Basic Fonts (Western) … [path see above].
And you can edit the template via Menu File > Templates > Edit...

Give it a try... :-)
(You can always undo this setting via "Reset Default Template", path see above.)

Thanks for the help !,
Andrew McLean

Don't mention it...
mjk

--
So you still think the Internet is free.
<http://yuxiyou.net/open/>