On 02/27/2011 12:02 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 27.02.2011 19:18, NoOp wrote:

What are you showing for:
Tools|Options|LibreOffice Calc|Calculate|Date
The default should be 12/30/1899 (or in your case 1899-12-30).

No, the default for all brand new documents (not from template) is
1904-01-01 which causes a lot of trouble when you copy&paste dates
between documents.

Possibly a profile or locale issue? I just checked LO 3.3.1 on 4
different machines and the default is 12/30/1899[1]. Even checked the
Windows version in a VM. To test I first verified that was the default
setting in each, then did:

1. Entered a zero in the cell.
2. Format|Cells|Number|Date|and selected 12/31/99|OK

The cell is now showing as 12/30/99 and if I click on the cell I see
12/30/1899 in the formula bar. I also closed out all LO's and restarted
to see if there was any change & they remained the same.
  Also set one to 01/01/1904 & tested. Closed that out and it came back
up as 01/01/1904 OK.

You might try renaming ~/.libreoffice.org and let LO build a new profile
to see if that makes any difference.

Sorry, forgot to ask in the first post: are you using the LO deb file or
an Ubuntu PPA install? All of my tests are with standard LO deb installs
from libreoffice.org/download.

[1] Your date display will of course be different as I'm using standard
US English.