On 2011-02-27 10:44:41 -0700, Thomas HInd II said:

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted too know if there are any plans on setting up an official forum for
Libre Office away from the current Open Office org forum?  I've seen the one at
http:/www.libreofficeforum.org/forum and believe that with a little community
support it could really help those that do not or cannot use the great
information here.  I guess what I am trying to say is; there are a lot of
people that surf the forums for wanted or needed information that do not like
working with e-mail.  Especially many of us from the older generation!  Please
consider investing some effort into putting the official Libre Office seal on
something other than a digest of e-mails, thank-you.

Just another user trying to bring the word to many more individuals.

Tommytwo ;-)

I'm another member of the "older generation", and I'm not fond of forums either. They are a great time waster, IMO, when you want to move around the messages to find what you want.

I'm using a newsgroup reader, and you can basically see all the subject threads at one time, plus the individual messages in the threads at the same time. No opening up an individual thread, then exiting the thread, and then going into another thread, etc.

I don't know if I explained that well enough or not, but I could email you two screenshots that would show you the difference.

Ken