________________________________
From: Avraham Hanadari <avhanadari@gmail.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Tue, 22 February, 2011 5:38:22
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: keep open table tool bar

Le 22/02/2011 01:58, MR ZenWiz a écrit :
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Avraham Hanadari<avhanadari@gmail.com>
wrote:
:
Thanks again.

With your suggestion the text does not dance, and that is already a
considerable improvement. Unfortunately, only a couple of the icons in the
table toolbar show, so the advantage of having it open all the time is
largely lost. I've placed a graphic of the toolbars in my DropBox.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1181912/toolbar.PNG
You can see that there is not enough visible for use.

If you don't mind losing another toolbar's size space, you can take
your Find toolbar and the Table toolbar and move them onto a new line
of toolbars.  (Click on the Find toolbar's left end and move it down
to half-way between the two toolbars you already have and that should
open a new, third toolbar between the existing two.  Then move the
Table toolbar down to join it.)

Have you tried this? If not, try it and see what happens. The bar still
pops in and out and disturbs the text. There is evidently no workaround
and the OOo and LO developers have been ignoring complaints for years.
Rick

Hi :)
Don't be so 'hasty' to dismiss the LO devs.  They have fixed a LOT of bugs that
have been around in OpenOffice for years but obviously there is always more to
do.  A new bug-report about this might not get to the top of their priority list
straight-away but we can hope for better results with LO than OOo.
Regards from
Tom :)