1 or 2 specific instances of something working does not prove that it always
works.

We have had a number of strange errors in the lists where people have had both
LO and OOo installed.  Uninstalling one or the other has often been stated as
solving problems.  I am sorry you don't remember.  If you want people to keep
having problems and spend ages trouble-shooting when an easy answer is
apparently fixing things for people then i really don't know what to suggest.
Personally i would prefer to solve problems fast with the least amount of
trouble to non-technical users.

Rather than spamming the list with accusations why not simply provide your
alternative answer?  Lets see whose approach solves the problem-at-hand fastest.

'Regards' from
Tom :)